Life Is A Box of Chocolates...

"Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

My life is certainly like a box of chocolates -- I never thought I'd get what I got, but I wouldn't change a thing!  With getting pregnant unexpectedly and being a single mom from day one, my life has been a whirlwind.  I have always been a goal digger and a planner.  I've learned that you can't plan everything, but you can always accomplish your goals as long as you give the effort.  


Don't let anyone keep you from being YOU.  Don't let anyone make you feel inferior.  Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your shortcomings or unplanned life events.  I've been judged most of my life.  I've been teased about my weight.  I've been gossiped about for dating another race.  I've been labeled for having premarital sex.  The list goes on and on.  Not only have strangers passed judgment on me, but so has my family.  It's a cruel world out there, but you have to remember to focus on God and all things positive.  

We can't worry about what may or may not happen.  We can only focus on what we have control over.  You have to let Jesus take the wheel.  You have to strive to achieve the goals necessary to get where you want in life.  You can't let anyone or anything get in the way of your destiny.  Have faith and you will end up seeing what you were once only believing. 

Others may view me as a "f***-up", a "slut", a "fat girl", a "skinny girl", "big sinner", etc. BUT what matters is how I view myself.  I am NOT a f***-up,  I am NOT too fat or too skinny.  I am NOT a slut.  I AM a sinner, but hey - we all are -- we're HUMAN.

No matter what trials and tribulations I go through, I always come out on top.  I continue to strive through the shitty days and disappointments.  I stay focused on God's word.  I keep my mind filled with positive thoughts, and I chase my damn goals like every woman should!  While I was on maternity leave, I had three goals that I wanted to accomplish -- (1) live in the present moment with my son (2) become a certified personal trainer (3) lose the majority of my pregnancy weight gain.  Well guess what?  I DID ALL THAT!


I used to be a naive girl who believed that I needed others to validate my worth.  Now, I know MUCH better.  I refuse to let anyone tell me who I am.  I ignore the nay-sayers and the haters.  I chase my dreams regardless of the cards I get dealt.  Things may take longer than expected, but everything always comes together in the end.  So, this blog post is to INSPIRE & MOTIVATE every woman out there who needs to be lifted up and reminded that they are worthy of their dreams. It doesn't matter what kind of chocolate you get, it all turns out to be AMAZING!

~ J. Lynn