My Mama is Fighting CLL

In the summer of 2010, my mama was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lyphocytic Leukemia).  CLL is a type of cancer of the blood and bone marrow. This type of cancer progresses slowly so she has been able to manage it for the last 10 years without treatment. This past spring, her symptoms increased and she was hospitalized for a few days. She switched oncologists after being hospitalized and has been going to monthly for check-ups. In November, she started taking an oral chemotherapy treatment.  Shortly after taking a few doses of it, she had terrible side effects and immediately had to stop taking the pills.

Now, here we are in January 2020... today she begins intravenous chemotherapy treatment for the next six months. I am sitting on my couch in South Carolina, and she is currently in a bed at West Penn Hospital in Pennsylvania. All I can do for her no matter where I am is PRAY. I know that God knows my heart and my mama's heart.  I know that He is a WAY MAKER.  God will hold her hand on this journey and lead her each step of the way.

Loved ones and friends can only do so much.  Yes -- we can call her and encourage her.  Yes -- we can send a card or make a meal.... but that won't change what is. Even the doctors can't change what is. Medicine may help her symptoms, but truthfully only God can change her situation. Bad things happen to good people and bad people. God doesn't treat people differently like we do. Life is precious so we have to hold onto the good memories. We also have to pray during the good times and bad times. We need to thank God for our blessings each day and we also need to ask Him for help when we are struggling.

I'm going to ask all my prayer warriors to say ONE simple prayer for my mama.
"Give her comfort and strength during this battle. Remind her that she is loved."

My mama will be coming to visit me in eight days if she is feeling well enough to make the ten hour drive. I have faith that she WILL be here soon. When she gets here, we will make more memories together.  I will take her to the ocean whether it's rainy or sunny. The ocean is so healing to me. It is serenity.  I believe God created the ocean to make us feel at peace no matter what the circumstances are.

Well, that is all for now ... I am signing off to go spend this Monday with my son (my biggest blessing)! I pray ya'll have faith like I do. Make today count!

~ J. Lynn