Showered With Love

And So... The Adventure Begins...

Since I am a control freak, I planned my own baby shower. Of course, my parents hosted it for me though. I wanted the theme to be travel/vintage to match the theme of my nursery.  Below are some photos of the venue and decorations. The venue was a quaint restaurant in Pittsburgh. My centerpieces were hot air balloons that my girlfriend, mother & I created with the help of Pinterest. My cake was navy and included a world map.  My favors were map gift boxes filled with chocolate candy and an airplane cookie cutter. 

  

                     

I wanted an intimate and small shower because I am not big on being the center of attention. I'll let my son take care of that soon enough (haha)! I invited about 30 people, including family and close friends. The gifts I received were so thoughtful, and I am very appreciative of everyone's generosity.


                          
                                        #SushiLover                                         #SteelersGear

The food that was provided by the Willow was absolutely delicious. I chose to have a buffet style luncheon with herb grilled chicken, pasta primavera and red skin potatoes. The cookies were made by Lincoln Bakery (same place that made the cake).



The encouragement and support of all these lovely women is EVERYTHING to me! The phone calls, the prayers, the gifts, and unconditional love that has been given to me throughout the last 8 months is indescribable. Dante is going to be so blessed to have you ALL in his life. I can't wait for everyone to meet the little prince. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
        
                                                    
     
                              

                                       

To all the beautiful mamas to be out there -- I wish you as much love and support as I have received throughout my pregnancy.  It's not what we have in life that counts, it's WHO WE HAVE!

~ J. Lynn